Ind. Code §5-14-3
Exemptions to Disclosure
- Trade secrets
- Confidential public records received from other public entities
- “Information concerning research, including actual research documents, conducted under the auspices of a state educational institution, including information:
(A) concerning any negotiations made with respect to the research; and (B) received from another party involved in the research.” Ind. Code §5-14-3-4(a)(6)
- Diaries, journals, or other personal notes.
- Any person
- Can’t be denied for failing to state purpose of request, unless otherwise required by statute
- Agency can require request to be written/through appropriate form
- Regular business hours
- Agency can have rule limiting allowed uses for the requested records
- Uniform fees for copying and for maintaining electronic map – can be waived for public interest purpose of copying, etc.
- No fee for inspection
Destruction of Public Records
- Must have retention schedule approved by county commission, and requests for destruction, etc., must be submitted for approval of such disposal if not covered under approved retention schedule [5-15-6-2.5]