Risk assessments for new chemicals have been improperly altered to completely eliminate or minimize risk calculations, according to U.S. EPA scientists in a recent whistleblower complaint filed by PEER to Congress. This free webinar will provide an opportunity to learn more about these revelations and discuss ideas for improving EPA’s new chemicals program to protect public health and strengthen environmental protections.
- Elizabeth Shogren (Moderator), Senior Reporter and Producer at Reveal, from the Center for Investigative Reporting
- Kyla Bennett, Science Policy Director at Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility
- Liz Moran, Environmental Policy Director, NY PIRG
- Richard Denison, a Lead Senior Scientist at EDF
- Tim Whitehouse, Executive Director of Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility