Leave a Lasting Legacy
To make a gift of any kind to PEER is an act of generosity. To make a long-term gift—one derived from the work of a lifetime—is to make a commitment beyond measure. Including PEER in your estate plans ensures PEER’s long-term sustainability as a defender to those that defend our environment. A bequest to PEER is an effective way to make an outsized gift, one that lives on as your legacy.
If you are interested in leaving a legacy gift to PEER, you can simply designate a particular percentage of your estate to PEER by including a bequest provision in your will or revocable trust. You can do this while creating your will or trust, or you can amend an existing one with a simple document.
Sample Bequest Language
For more information and free resources about making bequests and legacy gifts visit https://www.freewill.com/
For more information about designating a legacy gift to PEER, contact Helen Jenkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 524-4399
What are the benefits of legacy giving?
- You inform PEER of your commitment, which helps for planning and ensures your wishes can be fulfilled.
- PEER receives the gift after your lifetime and applies it to the purpose(s) you specified. At PEER, unrestricted charitable gifts are used to support top mission-centric priorities nationwide.
- Your gift can remain anonymous, if you chose.
- You can change your mind and modify your gift if circumstances change.
- The distribution is fully deductible for federal estate tax purposes, and there is no limit on the deduction your estate can claim. In addition, the gift is usually exempt from state inheritance taxes.